Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spinning Fun

Oh my! Leave it to me to start this blog, then be to busy and tired to post anything for a few weeks. Sad when I can't get time or energy to do what I love. On top of work, it was also Spring Break for a few of my wonderful boys. Their colleges had Spring break a week apart, so they didn't get time together, but I got in some good one on one time with them. In a house with four kids, alone time with mom does not happen often.
I am all rested up and the crafting has begun again.  Lots of Birthdays are happening for my friends. So I hit my Silhouette Cameo to make some gifts and cards.
For my first card, I wanted to try something new. I saw a wonderful post on the Clever Someday blog for a spinner card and she was kind enough to share her Studio file.  After some editing, I combined it with an adorable monkey from Katie W. Designs (the file was from KaDoodle Bug Designs, but they no longer carry Katie W. Designs, so sorry no link).




Oh nooooo ! He flips and turn upside down   


All the way to the other side. 



Isn't that just the cutest thing. At least until you get to the inside. Birthdays and cake go together like... well like Birthdays and cake. I attached a adorable giant pop up for the inside.


And then attached the cute Katie W. Designs cupcake and balloons so they wouldn't go to waste.


I am so enjoying having my Silhouette Cameo. It can do just about everything  Now if I could only get it to cook me dinner.
My photo skills are getting better. I see a light box being built in the near future. I'll be sure to post it here as well.



Tracie



Linked up Here:

Not just a Housewife, Tatertots and Jello I Heart Nap Time- Sundae Scoop Linky PartyAlderberry Hill- Make the Scene Monday Skip to My Lou- Made By You MondayHome Stories A to Z- Tutorials & Tips Link Party Thrifty Decor Chick, 52 Mantels, Uncommon Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.